The world is a bit scary and overwhelming due to the pandemic and being in lockdown so it’s good to focus on the small things that you’re grateful for as I’m sure that there are many.
I am working from home for the foreseeable future, but I have a space to work from, a job to do and an income to support myself. A few weeks ago I might have taken that for granted, as well, that’s just normal life right?
How quickly normal life can change. For many, that sense of certainty and routine will feel like a distant memory.
In light of the current situation tearing throughout the world, I thought I’d make a list of 30 things that I am grateful for right now, as I sit on my sofa, safe and well, while others fight off the pandemic on the front lines.
30 things I’m grateful for:
- The NHS, our government, local councils, teachers, creators, social workers, shop assistants, managers, the lot. Don’t forget to clap at 8pm tonight for our NHS doctors & nurses fighting off this pandemic day in day out.
- Pets. My dogs are wacky little things with weird personalities and I am so happy to spend more time with their gorgeous faces.
- Waking up at a reasonable time – adios 5.30 alarms for now.
- Having a job that I can do remotely.
- Having an income.
- Having a place to stay that’s warm, sheltered and homey.
- People who love me in the same house.
- The Radio.
- Playlists – Adulting, Deliciously Ella are at the top currently.
- Blogs and online news channels.
- My beautiful laptop that is currently in for repair (sad times).
- Tetley tea.
- My brother being able to bake. Lemon drizzle breaks, yes pls.
- A great team to work with.
- Great friends.
- A gorgeous, mad family.
- A creative passion. I love to create, I’ve managed to hone it down to writing over the years, but I used to do everything. Bake, sing, dance, act, write, paint, draw, play music, all of it. Just love expressing my creativity.
- Photographs. All the mems, and more to come!
- A beautiful kitchen that lets a lot of natural light in. Makes for a perfect tea spot.
- A healthy and able body.
- A space to workout at home and home workouts. It means more jump variations of a move, but I’m okay with that.
- A garden to get lots of fresh air!
- BREAD, BEANS, PASTA, RED BEANS AND RICE DID MISS YA.
- Youth. I feel so old, but I’m grateful that I’m young in the sense of I feel I have time to do things
- Books and so many of them still to read.
- An abundance of skincare & self-care. Every so often a smellies gift pack heads my way for christmas, birthdays etc. and now I’m making full use of them and loving every one.
- Daily walks. Being able to have a little stroll a safe distance from others, even just round the block is lovely in this weather.
- Slowing down. Life is SO fast normally and it becomes a race or competition to always do more than you did previously, whereas now we’re all being told to stop the norm, stay home and slow everything down to ride out the pandemic. We’ve been told to stay home and sit on the sofa to wipe out a virus killing off hundreds of people, a pretty easy and comfortable task for us all.
- Facetime, Teams, Skype, Zoom. If I can see ya face and have a chat, maybe do a quiz and have a cheeky drink, I’m grateful for it.
- The bloody beautiful spring sunshine. Pls still be there when this is all over.
What are you grateful for?
Read my other lockdown posts here.